The union representing municipal workers across Simcoe County has donated more than $14,000 to local charities.
CUPE Local 2380 presented cheques to six local charities Monday evening.
Each sub-local chose a charity that was valuable to their community.
The charities received a donation in the amount of $2,380.
- City of Barrie donated to Hospice Simcoe;
- Barrie Public Library donated to The Women & Children’s Shelter;
- Township of Oro-Medonte donated to COPE Service Dogs;
- Town of Innisfil donated to the Innisfil Snowdogs;
- Town of Penetanguishene donated to The Children’s Aid Society;
- Township of Ramara donated to Orillia Soldier’s Memorial Hospital.
BY: Mike Murphy